A lot of people especially young adults and teenagers almost always find themselves struggling with the challenges bordering on sex and sexual satisfaction. Some never get enough and have even slipped into what has been defined as sex addiction. If you find yourself involved in this, the following points might help you determine if you're going too far.
- Do you frequently engage in more sex and with more partners than you would ordinarily want to?
- Are you always preoccupied with thoughts of sex or persistently crave for sex?
- Do you continually engage in excessive sexual practices despite (truly) desiring to stop or wanting to sincerely limit sexual activities with little or no success?
- Do you find yourself always thinking of sex or sex-related activities to the detriment of your other activities?
- Do you spend substantial amount of time in activities related to sex, such as engaging in sexually explicit discussions or deliberately visiting pornographic sites on the internet?
- Do you (even once in a while) neglect or forget important obligations such as work, school, domestic chores or family responsibilities because of sex?
- Do you insist on engaging in sexual activities despite being aware of certain unfavorable consequences such as health risks or moral concerns?
- Do you go out of your way just to achieve sexual satisfaction such as visiting the prostitutes of paying for sex?
- Do you feel uncomfortable, restless, irritable or unfulfilled when you cannot engage in sexual activities?
If three or more of the points above apply to you, you may well be having a sex addiction problem. And seeking for help wouldn't be a bad idea.
By Chidozie Mario